21.6.08

Fourth of July


The Fourth of July is just around the corner and we couldn't wait to put our red white and blue touch in our windows. We gathered a few things together and voila! It's an Americana window. I love the red potting bench on the left and the American flag on the wall.
In this window we gatherd some blue & white Staffordshire and Flow Blue china, an American flag and a few other accessories and that's all we needed.

We put this tea-died American flag bunting on our front door and it's just what we needed to finish off our 4th of July decorating.
Here's a vintage metal garden chair just waiting to be put out on the lawn for the summer. I have a thing for these old lawnchairs, they're so appealing, rust and all. They're reminiscent of another era, a time gone by. My grandparents would have sat in chairs like these. About 10 years ago my great aunt, born in the early 1900s, asked me to sell her patio set, and it was the deco metal lawnchairs like the one I have here. Hers was in mint condition and had a matching table. I regret selling it and wish I would have bought it for myself. Hindsight . . .

No comments: