12.1.11

Simplify . . .

Sounds easy to say simplify, doesn't it? Doing it is quite another thing. As I reflect on this past year, I am wanting to simplify my life as much as I can. So that's my goal in 2011, to take steps that will simplify in a thoughtful and methodical manner.  

Whether you fill spaces in your home with your flea market and antique store finds or family heirlooms, surround yourself with the things you cherish and love to create your personal haven. It doesn't have to be cluttered, that's a misconception about collecting vintage or antique items. A home can be sparsely decorated with antiques, filled to the brim or be somewhere in between. It's all about what fits your lifestyle and your taste.

This was a really fun display to make. The antique chippy paint door makes a perfect backdrop for vintage black and white photos.




My passion is finding beautiful antique treasures, putting them on display for our customers and enjoying their response when they find it and want to take it home to treasure in their home. It's always a delight and I never tire of it.

Happy treasure hunting in 2011!


3 comments:

Weekend Cowgirl said...

I am doing exactly what your are talking about! I am trying to make things simple by removing all clutter and unnecessary items from our home. Not only have I purged, but I have rearranged and it feels great!!!

Martha said...

Nice things!! I agree -- live with what you love!

Delia said...

. . . live with what you love, yes! Weekend Cowgirl: Rearranging is very satisfying and livens things up in our homes, doesn't it? I LOVE to move things around.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be posting soon.

Cordelia