15.5.08

Garden Chairs

This is a great weathered antique chair that's been cleverly turned into a unique planter that I bought at our recent Point Loma Garden Walk boutique. My designer friend Renee added her creative flair by painting flowers at the top. I love this chair and it's on our front porch and is so welcoming! This rocking chair was planted by my husband and is now sitting under a tree in one of our flower beds in our front yard. Love it and can't wait until it weathers more but I think I'll paint a little phrase on it, maybe "welcome to our garden".
I counldn't resist showing you this antique wheelbarrow that we planted a couple of years ago with hydrangeas and ivy. It was falling apart as a wheelbarrow so it's new role is to be a wonderful planter in our front yard. Lucky for me, we have a corner lot so there is lots of room for whimsical unusual planted containers like wheelbarrows, chairs, watering cans, etc. It's fun making outdoor rooms.

No comments: